Halton residents have one of the highest standards of living in Canada, in part because of Halton Region’s strong commitment to being well planned, resident focused and safe and healthy. Our dedication to planning complete and vibrant communities helps make Halton a great place to live for everyone living in our Region.
This includes assisting Halton’s low income residents through affordable & assisted housing programs, ensuring that we provide a healthy quality environment for children and youth to grow and develop, offering delivery programs to meet the needs of seniors in our community and partnering with the not-for profit sector to provide social services that can reach residents who need assistance.
Here are some of the highlights of what has been done at the Region under Gary’s leadership:
- The new split pass which subsidizes the cost of a monthly bus pass for low income residents.
- The new Halton housing help centre the new service that connects residence to the housing support they need.
- The new employment resource centers that offers help for job postings from local employers, on-site staff support to help with job/career search.
- Halton comprehensive housing strategy has delivered 894 new affordable/assisted housing units.
- Additional subsidized child care spaces.
- An expansion of the Supports for daily living program.
- Expansion and improvements to the Regions health clinics.
That’s why in a recent survey, 97% of Halton region residents are satisfied with the job that the region is doing.